18 Jan 2010

Terry Neason Gig - Sheltered Love & He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven

Sheltered Love & He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven
Vocal - Terry Neason
Piano - Brian Prentice


I wrote this song in Ireland after a break-up and insisted on singing it in the concert I was doing at that time, Screams 'n' Kisse
s.
Woh! Yes, one could say, it made for an emotional performance. Sob! Sniff! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! cathartic or what.
Being a fan of poetry, I included the W.B Yeats poem, He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven, in the intro. It's got to be one of the most beautiful poems ever written.

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


Rather than use a gig video, I thought it would be kool to use some romantic images. These stunning pictures from my chum, Suzi Lemon, set the mood perfectly.
The Changing Light of Loch Fyne...I used 4 transitions and they change slowly during the song.



No comments: