If you have any forthcoming presentations or business pitches, then it might be an idea to visit my 1-2-1 Influential Communication Skills page at: www.tlcpowertalk.com/one-to-one
Forgive this business rant on my fun blog but, wow! it feels great to admit to not being a fan of PowerPoint...and I don't care who knows it!...obviously, this will not come as a great surprise to my business clients.
Effective communication skills are a must for your next presentation.
FORGET THE PINGER POWER, or at least remember, less is more!
Star Quality...Top Ten Tips
Stop the crowd turning ugly
2. Refrain from drinking caffeine related liquid, as this only speeds up the nervous process and can cause the mind to race, as well as the heart.
3. Refrain from consuming dairy produce as this affects the mucous glands, and can cause you to constantly clear your throat.
4. Drink plenty of water and always have plenty on stand by.
5. Go somewhere private and warm up your voice and facial muscles.
6. Breathe deeply, evenly, and slowly for several minutes, as this not only oxygenates the blood, to keep you alert, but also helps you keep calm.
7. Go to a mirror and check out how you look, as you only have 5 seconds to make a first impression and only 90 to blow their socks off.
8. Make a positive entrance with good upright posture, as that shows confidence.
9. Make good eye contact.
10. Make them laugh, think and sigh…and you will make them listen!